Openings and Introductions - Alpha Run

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Openings and Introductions - Alpha Run

Post  Grundle on Tue May 25, 2010 1:26 pm

That's a good idea if everyone is up for checking PMs. Do they show up in a way that makes it obvious you have one waiting?

I got an email sent to the email I used to sign up to the forum that notified me of a PM waiting to be read. It works rather well for me.
Grundle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DM_Vertz on Tue May 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Grundle wrote: I got an email sent to the email I used to sign up to the forum that notified me of a PM waiting to be read. It works rather well for me.

Cool, we'll go with that then.
DM_Vertz
Admin

View user profile http://loafr4e.forumn.org

Back to top Go down

Staring Intently at the Toilet

Post  DM_Vertz on Tue May 25, 2010 1:47 pm

It does not pass unnoticed that the drunk Shifter that passed out after puking into the privy hole is now staring intently at said hole, leaning foward to try to -- hear? see? something in its depths. The drunks can't pass up a free opportunity to demonstrate their "wit" at the expense of a fellow inmate.

"Ya drop somet'in in dere?"

"If'n he did, he ain't gettin' it back..."

"I dare ya to try to escape that way! Here, let me wet down the sides for ya so's ya can slide down!"

"I know! He's talkin' to his girlfriend down there!"

"Nah, he just likes the smell of that hole better than the smell o' ya."

"Hey, I ain't the one puked after just 3 rounds a' ale, ya know..."

"Yeah, but I puked on you, remember?"

Raucous laughter bursts out from the drunks on the bench.

"Um, good point..."

The tiefling puts a hand up to his forehead in distaste and squeezes his eyes tightly shut, then scoots even farther to the side of the bench as the wool-covered blue dragonborn next to him shifts bulkily to watch the show.
DM_Vertz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grundle on Tue May 25, 2010 1:56 pm

"Shut up idiots!" snapped the Shifter. "Something's fighting down there, I can hear it."

Straining to hear he finally sighed in defeat. "It is getting farther away now. Whatever it was, it sounded like a large beast. Just to be safe I wouldn't go near that hole unless you have to..."

Carefully the Shifter backed away and sat down next to the goliath (assuming there is a free space).

"I hope you don't mind it I take a seat here."

He then began massaging his temples.
Grundle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vertz on Tue May 25, 2010 2:05 pm

The goliath raises an eyebrow at the woman, unsure of her definition of challenge, especially under these circumstances. "It can be said that we enjoy a good contest. One in which the participants challenge each other to better themselves if that's what you mean." Where was she going with this? Surely there wasn't much competition to be had here within the cell aside from the quiet game and he had no desire to fight anyone within the city limits. He had learned that lesson already.

Turning to the shifter who sat down on the sagging bench beside him, "Its a free...," he paused before correcting himself. "Its fine."
Vertz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I Spy

Post  DM_Vertz on Tue May 25, 2010 2:58 pm

The woman smirks as she listens to the goliath's response, then responds as if she's read his mind.

"Nothing... physical, if that's what you were assuming. Wrestling?" She laughs briefly, then becomes serious again. "You'd have me pinned in no time."

She pauses just a bit too long for comfort, then resumes speaking. "No. I was thinking of a game of perception. I know little of your kind, and I'd be interested to find out whether life in the wilds has given your kind wit and wisdom to match those of us that grew up in the city's wilderness."

She shifts, then sweeps her hands in a grand gesture, indicating all the occupants of the cell.

"There is a spy in our humble cell, in the pay of certain wealthy powers of this city. Indicate the person to me, and you'll receive what reward I can give you."

"Fail, and, well, you fail. At something I've already succeeded at."
DM_Vertz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vertz on Tue May 25, 2010 4:44 pm

"I don't play games," he retorted, his tone growing icy cold, "but I'll save you some trouble. Do I look like an elf? Does it look like my time in the wilds has given me the sharp eyes and ears so that I can skitter away from my enemies? No. My life in the wilds has given me strong arms and a solid back so that I might survive the trials that I have failed to overcome so that I might overcome them another day." The goliath was quickly growing annoyed, his short temper getting the better of him. "Play your games with some one who cares about spies of the city."
Vertz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grundle on Tue May 25, 2010 5:41 pm

The shifter's ears perked up at the thought of some amusement. "Anything to take my mind off this infernal headache, and to pass the time in this rat cage." he thought to himself.

Squinting his eyes the shifter looked around the cell to see if he could perceive any changes in behavior in reaction to the woman's accusations.

Perception: 1d20+12-2
Grundle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DM_Vertz on Tue May 25, 2010 5:41 pm

The member 'Grundle' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'D20' : 19
DM_Vertz
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Woman Scorned

Post  mwigdahl on Tue May 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Vertz wrote:"I don't play games," he retorted, his tone growing icy cold, "but I'll save you some trouble. Do I look like an elf? Does it look like my time in the wilds has given me the sharp eyes and ears so that I can skitter away from my enemies? No. My life in the wilds has given me strong arms and a solid back so that I might survive the trials that I have failed to overcome so that I might overcome them another day." The goliath was quickly growing annoyed, his short temper getting the better of him. "Play your games with some one who cares about spies of the city."

The dagger-wielding woman is taken aback by the vehemence of his retort. She takes a moment to consider her response.

"Suit yourself," she says, "although given that you find yourself in the city it might be wise to understand the lay of the land. Not all trials here can be overcome with strength and size."

She gets up to move to another bench, feigning nonchalance. "I'll leave you, then."
mwigdahl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vertz on Tue May 25, 2010 8:42 pm

As the woman walked off, the goliaths mood cooled quickly back to the listless one it had been before. It was true, he would probably be the wiser to pay closer attention to his surroundings and not dismiss the urban jungle, the smallfolks' world being not the simple one he had come from. That would be a lesson for another day, however, and one that he would be slow to recognize.
Vertz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwigdahl on Tue May 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Grundle wrote:The shifter's ears perked up at the thought of some amusement. "Anything to take my mind off this infernal headache, and to pass the time in this rat cage." he thought to himself.

Squinting his eyes the shifter looked around the cell to see if he could perceive any changes in behavior in reaction to the woman's accusations.

Perception: 1d20+12-2

Let's do an Insight roll also, if you would.
mwigdahl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grundle on Tue May 25, 2010 10:46 pm

Insight: 1d20+5

OOC: What is this dice roller a broken record? 19, 2, 19, 2 -- WIERD

Last edited by Grundle on Tue May 25, 2010 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grundle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DM_Vertz on Tue May 25, 2010 10:46 pm

'D20' : 2
DM_Vertz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mwigdahl on Tue May 25, 2010 11:55 pm

Grundle wrote:OOC: What is this dice roller a broken record? 19, 2, 19, 2 -- WIERD

That is a bit odd.
mwigdahl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grundle on Wed May 26, 2010 11:31 am

The shifter looks at the woman confused. Why would they let her have a dagger in prison?

In his addled state he forgot to check himself. The shifter gave himself a once over to see if the guards left him anything useful...

As she walked away the Shifter spoke, "Say, I'll play your game...errr...I mean I'll try out your challenge. Got nothing else to do but wait anyways."

Tapping his foot the shifter decides to take a chance, "I'm not too smart though, and this hangover is only making it worse. How about you give me a small hint?" He flashes his best smile.

Diplomacy: 1d20-1
Grundle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DM_Vertz on Wed May 26, 2010 11:31 am

'D20' : 12
DM_Vertz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Frizdag on Thu May 27, 2010 10:43 am

Friz stands up and grabs the little shifter and tiefling and throws them down the privy laughing the whole time!
Frizdag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frizdag on Thu May 27, 2010 10:44 am

The member 'Frizdag' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'D20' : 20

Frizdag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frizdag on Thu May 27, 2010 10:45 am

Thats right you two enjoy the swim!
Frizdag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grundle on Thu May 27, 2010 11:11 am

Grabbing on to anything near the shifter tries to pull the unreasonable lout in with him.

Acrobatics: 1d20+10
Grundle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DM_Vertz on Thu May 27, 2010 11:11 am

'D20' : 10
DM_Vertz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grundle on Thu May 27, 2010 11:12 am

Success!

"Welcome to hell!" Cackles the mad Shifter, "If I am going in you are coming with me"
Grundle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frizdag on Thu May 27, 2010 11:13 am

Laughing so hard at the feeble attempt I don't watch my footing and fall in behind him...

Umm is the hole big enough?
Frizdag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grundle on Thu May 27, 2010 11:15 am

Frizdag wrote:Laughing so hard at the feeble attempt I don't watch my footing and fall in behind him...

Umm is the hole big enough?

I didn't think it was big enough for a shifter to fit through, but I modified that "assumption" when you threw not 1 but 2 bodies through that tiny little hole. You are coming in whether you like it or not MUHAHAHA

Did you think a jail would have a privy large enough for humanoids to escape from? Sheesh -- Goliaths
Grundle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next